The Realm of Ghyran, also known as the Jade Kingdoms or the Realm of Life, is one of the eight Mortal Realms. It's a bounteous realm forever flowing in cycle and the most verdant of lands when blooming. Life is everywhere in this Realm, taking innumerable shapes, growing and spreading with a hunger that defies all logic and responding to the eternal song of Alarielle the Everqueen. It has countless emerald gardens filled with verdant life of every kind, lush valleys, babbling streams and glittering mountains.
Ghyran is a realm locked in conflict between Alarielle, the goddess of life, and Nurgle, the chaos god of plagues. This conflict is named the War of Life. At one point almost all of Ghyran was under the control of Nurgle, this was until the Stormcast Eternals arrived, and with the help of Alarielle and her children, the Sylvaneth, they closed the portal to the realm of Nurgle at the Battle at the Gates of Dawn.
Notable Locations Edit
- The Jade Kingdom of Verdia
- The Jade Kingdom of Thyria
- The Living City: A city created by Alarielle, made from huge bulwarks of entwined ironoak and bedrock fortified with thorn-studded vines.
- Hollow Forest: A forest of ghost-elms and sighing willows that surrounds the Living City.
- Greywater Reach: A swamp region that's resources were used to build the Greywater Fastness (these resources included a deposit of Ghyran Realmstone). The deforestation of this area has been known to anger the Sylvaneth and even cause them to use force to protect the forests.
- Greywater Fastness: A huge stronghold of iron, built by the Ironweld Engineers.
- Phoenicium: An ancient city suffused with the power of Ghyran, it stands as a symbol of rebirth.
- Hidden Vale of Athelwyrd: The hidden sanctuary of Alarielle. This area is considered sacred and it's location was long kept secret until the Stormcast Eternals accidentally led the forces of Nurgle to it when in search of Alarielle's aid in the Realmgate Wars. The Vale's discovery soon led to it's corruption by the Glottkin.
- Verdent Palace: Alarielle's personal place. From her throne on the World's Roots, Alarielle is connected to all of the Jade Kingdoms.
- White Dwarf Weekly 75-76.
- Hammerhal (Novel) by Josh Reynolds