Humans (or simply Men) were one of the most populous races of the Mortal Realms. They could be found in every realm and served both Order and Chaos. Both Sigmar and Archaon were once humans in the World Before Time.
When Sigmar came upon the Mortal Realms during the Age of Myth, there were already primitive tribes of humans. He rose them up from savagery, helping them build vast civilizations. When the Age of Chaos began, Chaos corrupted humans were sent against the human cities. Most of the survivors who didn't turn to Chaos were known as the free humans. Suffering from starvation from the war, some humans turned to cannibalism, eventually becoming Crypt Ghouls under the Abhorrant Ghoul Kings. During the Age of Chaos, Sigmar took human warriors and reforged them into the Stormcast Eternals.
Known Human NationsEdit
- Blazemen: the original tribe of Yackob Veltahren.
- Direbrand tribe: the original tribe of Vandus Hammerhand.
- Leonus tribe: the original tribe of Marellus Lionheart.
- Salamanderspur tribe: the original tribe of Agtor Bruul.
- 1: Warhammer Age of Sigmar (Rulebook)
- 2: Games Workshop - Warscrolls Compendium: Bretonnia (PDF)
- 3: Games Workshop - Warscrolls Compendium: The Empire (PDF)
- 4: Death Battletome: Flesh-eater Courts
- 5: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 6: Age of Sigmar Starter Book
- 7: Order Battletome: Stormcast Eternals
- 8: Order Battletome: Fyreslayers